Our take on the 'Old Fashioned'
Autumn is a beautiful time of year in Scotland with the crisp fallen leaves a whole host of colours from burnt oranges, vibrant reds and chestnut browns. There's nothing better than cosying up after an Autumnal walk with a whisky cocktail. Our take on an 'Old Fashioned' is just the ticket! Why not try it at home?
- 2 tsp sugar syrup
- 2 dashes plum bitters
- splash of water
- 2 shots citrussy Lowland Scotch whisky
- soda water (optional)
- Orange peel
- Lemon peel (to garnish)
- Take the orange peel (about the size of your thumb), give it a wee squeeze with your fingers before rubbing it around the insides of a whisky tumbler, then place it into the glass.
- Add the sugar syrup and bitters, along with a few ice cubes. Add half one shot of the Lowland Scotch and stir for about ten seconds.
- Add a bit more ice and the remaining shot of Scotch and give it another wee stir for 10-15 seconds.
- To serve, garnish with lemon peel.
Search our Whisky cocktail essentials for cocktail shakers, measures and stirrers! Remember to tag us on Instagram with your cocktail!